- The National Trust campsite at Low Wray is stunning, located on the western shore of Lake Windermere..
- You are only a couple of minutes walk from the water, where there is a beach with lake access (swimming / fishing / canoes / boats etc).
- There are some fantastic activities to be done in the surrounding area what ever the weather. A very family friendly campsite with excellent facilities.
- Wood Fired Pizza’s prepared and cooked by us are a popular treat that means you don’t need to cook every night!
Our Vardo Wagons
Both our Vardo Wagons and Cottage tents have..
- A Double Bed (A folding bed for a child, in Roma there is also a second bed for another child)
- Wood burning stove.. with wood, we actively encourage fires – its good for the soul.
- A Bay window – giving light during the day and then atmosphere at night
- A locking door with seating just outside.. as if you were driving the wagon!
- Bedding provided
- Table and chairs so you don’t always need to use a settee..
- A kitchen with utensils needed to whip up a lovely meal – and then to eat it..
- Comfortable seating for getting a bit more comfortable.
- 12v Lighting
A Gypsy Caravan holiday with a difference – the Gypsy caravan without the horse but with everything else..
When inside a Gypsy caravan you will have everything you need to relax and for a gorgeous nights sleep.. you will be on natures’ doorstep with your feet up by the woodburner. But the experience of the Gypsy Caravan starts before the threshold – they, like no other built with beauty in mind as much from the outside as within.. the Gypsy caravans have ornate paintwork which will carry off any photo just by being in the background!
You will sleep in a double bed.. there is a bay window at the back giving both light and bringing the outside in.. there is a small woodburner that will take the chill off any evenings; in fact you will find yourself opening the doors to allow some air to flow as sometimes it is a little too toasty!
The Caravans are fully insulated and there is plenty of storage. Each Wagon has its own BBQ and rustic seating – making a lovely summer evening on holiday..
We appreciate that the Gypsy caravans are alone possibly a little small for doing everything in (albeit this is how a Romany family would have survived!) so with each Gypsy Caravan we are also providing a Cottage tent that will have a fully stocked kitchen, comfortable seating and a table and chairs..
Zingaro Sleeps 2 adults and 1 child and is Pet Friendly